David Zwirner LLC seeks a full-time Sales Assistant to work alongside a Partner. This position will work alongside another Sales Assistant in the department. The ideal candidate will have a BA in Art History and at least three years related experience or the equivalent. Superior writing skills, the ability to time manage and meet deadlines, and a thorough working knowledge of contemporary art are required. Candidates must be able to demonstrate involvement with the contemporary arts market and the ability to speak confidently and intelligently about his or her engagement with staff and clients. This position will involve significant contact with curators, artists and long time clients therefore discretion, sophistication, and poise are essential. Strong preference will be given to candidates with proficiency in German, French, and/or Spanish.
Primary duties include:
- Liaise with other gallery staff regarding all aspects of inventory & exhibition management: production, shipping, framing, photography, research, etc.
- Monitor all solo/group exhibitions pertaining to the Partner’s artists and Estates, both domestic and international, manage checklists and loans.
- In coordination with Partner’s office, respond to all artists and Estate needs, communicating with external contacts, etc.
- Alongside Partner’s office, manage Partner’s sales, follow up on invoices and prepare insurance appraisals.
- Create and manage guest lists for exhibitions/dinners, support Partner during openings.
- Organize Partner’s schedule, plan and book travel, keep track of meetings and create expense reports.
Position hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.