David Zwirner seeks a full-time Retoucher to join the gallery’s New York Photography department and report to the Associate Director of Photography and Photography Manager. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of related experience, an expert understanding of Photoshop, superb communication skills, and ability to work in a timely and meticulous manner. Extreme attention to detail with thorough understanding of color management required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receive, process, and retouch all files generated by the gallery’s in-house photographer assuring that the resulting files are consistent, of utmost quality, and color accurate
- Retouch and format images to meet the needs of the gallery’s books, communications, design, marketing, and sales departments
- Render scale views as well as art works into various environments such as client residences and viewing spaces
- Retouch and color correct images from external sources and freelance photographers as needed
- Assist with the formatting of images for the gallery’s website and sales offers
- Assist the Photography department to ensure proper back-up and archiving of files
- BA in Photography or Studio Art preferred
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Thorough understanding of various colors spaces (RGB, CMYK) and profiles (bit depth and print/web standards)
- Ability to create precise adjustments with utilization of clipping paths
- Ability to manage a high volume workflow in a fast paced setting while maintaining acute attention to detail and quality
- Familiarity with Hasselblad DSLRs and Phocus preferred
- 3+ years of retouching experience. Preferably in an arts or architectural capacity
Position hours are Monday through Friday, 10 am to 6 pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No calls or walk-ins please.