David Zwirner seeks a full-time Registration Assistant for immediate hire at its New York gallery. This position reports to the Director of Registration. The ideal candidate should have 1-3 years relevant registration, collections management and/or logistics experience. An appreciation for organization, the ability to carefully manage time and meet deadlines, and a working knowledge of contemporary art are helpful.
- Assist with cataloguing and processing all incoming artworks, including accurate entry of all pertinent data and uploading of associated images.
- Ensure artwork has been fully and accurately processed upon receipt (i.e. catalogued accurately; dimensions and inscriptions confirmed; frame labels and COA labels applied; verso images uploaded; packing assessed).
- Field data requests from Sales, Registration and other departments.
- Manage and maintain database style guide.
- Perform regular on-site location checks.
- Oversee and execute long-term inventory projects.
- Oversee and arrange bi-weekly DZ Warehouse shuttle: confirm lists and provide timelines to all relevant parties, and update inventory locations upon receipt at gallery.
- Alert appropriate staff following shuttle drop-offs (e.g. Sales, Registration, Photography, Production, etc.).
- Ensure all works going to DZW via biweekly shuttles are always properly packed and labeled.
- Compile and organize all shipping-related paperwork (i.e. releases, bills of lading, etc.) on a monthly basis and send to Registration for filing.
- Assist registration colleagues as needed.
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.