David Zwirner seeks highly motivated interns to join our Internship Program at our New York galleries.
Qualified candidates should be highly organized, motivated, and responsible, with strong communication and interpersonal skills and an interest in gaining experience in the daily operations of a contemporary art gallery.
This internship starts ASAP. To ensure that our interns have a well-rounded and educational experience, we ask for a commitment of 3 months, with a minimum of 3 full days per week. The positions are offered Mondays through Friday, 10am-6pm, depending on department schedules, with additional hours for occasional events and openings. Interns should be currently enrolled at the junior or senior undergraduate level or recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program.
Please read the department description and requirements carefully before applying.
Qualified candidates should have a strong interest in contemporary art and library science.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee organization and proper storage of catalogues in the gallery’s main library, and keep track of all incoming and outgoing catalogues
- Assist Archivist and Archive & Library Coordinator with organizing all viewing room libraries
- Assist Archivist to file and maintain gallery's archive materials, and keep inventory and distribute third-party exhibition materials and special objects
- Assist in digitizing out of print catalogues and ephemera
- Assist Archive & Library Coordinator with distribution and transport of incoming catalogues
All interns are paid New York State minimum wage. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.