David Zwirner Books seeks highly motivated intern to join our Books team as the Editorial Intern at our New York galleries.
Qualified candidates should be highly organized, motivated, and responsible, with strong communication and interpersonal skills and an interest in gaining experience in the daily operations of a contemporary art gallery.
The Spring Internship is offered January-June. To ensure that our interns have a well-rounded and educational experience, we ask for a commitment of 3 months, with a minimum of 3 full days per week, depending on department needs. The positions are offered Mondays through Saturdays, 10am-6pm, depending on department schedules, with additional hours for occasional events and openings. Interns should be currently enrolled at the junior or senior undergraduate level or recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program.
Qualified candidates should be interested in all aspects of the publishing process, with demonstrated knowledge of contemporary art and 20th-century art history, and strong archival research, writing, and editing skills. Candidates should also be highly personable, focused, and hardworking, with excellent attention to detail. This role offers the opportunity to gain experience in all facets of the book-making process, with a particular focus on editorial development.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Create and organize detailed checklists for catalogues
- Fact-check texts, captions, and other materials
- Research writers and gather writing samples for upcoming catalogues
- Conduct photo research and photo requests
- Track image/artwork collection credit lines and photo credits
- Organize photo materials for release to printer
- Update editorial/production schedules in project management software
- Occasionally print and trim materials for book presentations
- Occasionally assist with day-to-day DZB departmental activities and in pop-up bookstore
- Transcribe texts and interview audio files
All interns are paid New York State minimum wage. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.