David Zwirner seeks a full-time Assistant to Senior Partner for immediate hire at its London gallery. The role supports the Senior Partner in sales and artist management.
The assistant assists in all aspects of sales: offers, follow ups, client interaction and communication, invoicing, delivery of artworks, consignments, communication with sales team about sales/resales, as well as working directly with artists and their studios regarding and providing support for their upcoming gallery and museum exhibitions.
Sales support responsibilities:
- Prepare client target lists for every show and art fair
- Take initiative in suggesting clients for new inventory and consignments
- Post-sales: prepare invoices with finance team, send clients catalogues and press, keep track of payments, coordinate delivery of sold artworks with client and registration department
- Keep track of client requests
- Works by gallery artists but also secondary market requests
- Maintain Senior Partner’s list of top clients
- Prepare insurance appraisals for clients and museums
- Assist Senior Partner with consignments:
- Research (exhibition history & price comparatives)
- Preparing consignment agreement with registration team
- Preparing fact sheet with research team
- Coordinating photography with photo department
- Sharing details with sales team
- Maintain and update the database with sales, reserves, offers, consignments and loans
- Send corresponding emails to sales team, registrars, research and accounting
- Prepare Senior Partner for sales meetings and sales reviews
- Coordinate client viewings in London and New York galleries
- Keep track of auction sales and results and ensure Senior Partner reviews auction monitors
- Ensure Senior Partner has auction catalogues as soon as these are published.
- Artbinder: making sure it is up to date with artist inventory, images of exhibitions, resales
- Be present and assist at all gallery openings and events
- Assist Senior Partner with the management of art fairs: securing inventory, coordinating dinners with events team, preparing sales preview and interest spreadsheet, preparing master price list with best prices, compiling list of books to bring to fair, maintaining master schedule, assisting sales team on the booth and on the ground throughout the week, emailing sales team a recap at the end of each day
Artist Liaison responsibilities:
- Artist liaison support for roster of artists
- Support artists with museum shows:
- Coordinate museum loans, act as liaison between museum and artist/studio, assist museum with promotional material (CVs, press, blurbs), suggest people to invite to opening and dinner
- Liaise with artists and studios about new inventory
- Shipping deadlines and loan agreements
- Send artists/studios press and museum requests for their approval
- Maintain list of all artists’ solo & group exhibitions (‘Artist doc’)
- Support with ‘exhibition lead’ on gallery exhibitions with Senior Partner’s artists but also other artists from the gallery’s roster
Executive: (Required in other assistant’s absence)
- Scheduling appointments & overseeing Senior Partner’s calendar
- Coordinate travel
- Prepare call list and drafting emails
- Review invitations & correspondence
Position hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10am to 6pm, with additional hours as needed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No calls or walk-ins, please.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.