David Zwirner seeks a full-time Assistant to Senior Partner for immediate hire at its London gallery. The position reports into and fulfills administrative assistant duties for the Senior Partner in London. The ideal candidate has at least five years related experience. Superior communication skills, the ability to time manage and meet deadlines, and the ability to work with multiple teams is required. This position will involve contact with curators, artists, and clients, therefore discretion and poise are essential.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Daily management of Senior Partner’s to-do list and schedule: set daily priorities and goals
- Monitor incoming/outcoming Senior Partner emails and calls, assist in ensuring these are followed-up appropriately
- Print and prepare materials for gallery viewings, offers, meetings, and other occasions as needed
- Coordinate all travel and prepare travel itineraries
- Manage expenses by creating reports and compiling receipts
- Prepare client lists for events and outreach activities
- Support Senior Partner in post-sale client correspondence
- Support Senior Partner in following up on all client requests in a timely manner, ie. condition report requests, special delivery requests, re-framing requests, etc.
- Support Senior Partner with roster of artists
- Send artists/studios press and museum requests for their approval
- Maintain list of all artists’ solo & group exhibitions
- Support Senior Partner with ‘exhibition lead’ on gallery exhibitions for Senior Partner’s managed artists
- Assist Senior Partner with general management of artists as required with exhibitions, press requests, image and publication requests, general studio requests, events
- Coordinate schedules with artists studios
Position hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please. Immediate start and eligibility to work in the UK is essential.