David Zwirner Inc. seeks a full-time Sales Assistant to work alongside the Director of Online Sales and the Gallery Sales Team and oversee, respond to, and track all incoming sales through all digital channels. This is a first-of its kind, dedicated role in the evolving landscape where an increasing amount of gallery sales are shifting online.
The ideal candidate is a cross-disciplinary, strategic thinker with experience in art, an aumen in technology, with at least two years related experience working with top tier clients and collections.
Exceptional communication and writing skills, rigorous attention to detail and thorough knowledge of contemporary art are required. Knowledge of analytics and Excel, paired with ability to develop new processes is an asset. This position will involve significant contact with the gallery sales team, Senior Directors and collectors, therefore superior interpersonal and correspondence skills are required, as well as the ability to problem solve, balance and prioritize key conversations in a thoughtful way.
About the David Zwirner Viewing Room
The Viewing Room is David Zwirner’s online exhibition and sales platform, where visitors from around the world can explore and collect works from curated, online-only exhibitions of gallery artists and special collaborations. The Viewing Room is envisioned as a sixth gallery space and reflects the evolution of the art-collecting experience in a rapidly changing digital landscape. Launched in 2017 as the first of its kind, the Viewing Room provides both established and emerging collectors access to works from both single-artist presentations and group shows, allowing for experimentation in both scope and format.
Through the Viewing Room, along with the gallery’s other digital initiatives, such as its influential podcast, David Zwirner continues to expand the definition of what a gallery can be in the 21st century.
Below is a description of primary duties:
- Oversee and respond to requests from all inbound digital channels on behalf of the Sales Team.
- Manage and direct inquiries to relevant team members and ensure proper follow up.
- Communicate with collectors and be the first point of contact on any online, third party and social channel sales interest.
- Be able to problem-solve and quickly triage any collector requests and special circumstances which arise.
- Add collectors information to the database. Establish data-entry processes and methodology to ensure all relevant information is being captured systematically.
- Rigorously track and record inquiries and key KPIs. Alongside the Director, produce weekly, monthly and larger project-based reports.
- Working closely with the client development team, pull collector lists for emails, offers, reactivation campaigns and other outreach.
- Communicate with collectors to re-engage them and move them along the sales conversion funnel.
- Optimize and develop best practices and language for online collector communication.
- Liaise with the sales team and other staff regarding online fair previews, available works and Viewing Room inventory and pricing.
Position hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.