David Zwirner Inc. seeks a full-time Online Inquiries Assistant to work alongside the Director of Online Sales and the Gallery Sales Team and oversee, respond to, and track all incoming digital inquiries. The ideal candidate will have a BA in Art History and/or Arts Administration, and a natural acumen for technology, with at least two years related experience or the equivalent.
Exceptional communication and writing skills, rigorous attention to detail and thorough knowledge of contemporary art are required. Knowledge of analytics and Excel, paired with ability to develop new processes and efficiencies is an asset. This position will involve significant contact with the gallery sales team, Senior Directors and collectors, therefore superior interpersonal and correspondence skills are required, as well as the ability to problem solve, balance and prioritize key conversations in a thoughtful way.
Below is a description of primary duties:
- Oversee and respond to requests from the gallery website, third party platforms and social channels on behalf of the Sales Team.
- Manage and direct inquiries to relevant team members and ensure proper follow up.
- Communicate with collectors and be the first point of contact on any online, third party and social channel sales interest.
- Be able to problem-solve and quickly triage any collector requests and special circumstances which arise.
- Add collectors information to the database. Establish data-entry processes and methodology to ensure all relevant information is being captured systematically.
- Rigorously track and record inquiries and key KPIs. Alongside the Director, produce weekly, monthly and larger project-based reports.
- Working closely with the client development team, pull collector lists for emails, offers, reactivation campaigns and other outreach.
- Communicate with collectors to re-engage them and move them along the sales conversion funnel.
- Optimize and develop best practices and language for online collector communication.
- Liaise with the sales team and other staff regarding online fair previews, available works and Viewing Room inventory and pricing.
Position hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.