David Zwirner gallery seeks a Digital Assistant to join its growing digital department.
Ideal candidates will have experience in / strong subject matter interest in both the contemporary art and technology fields, possess a love of ongoing learning, and display strong troubleshooting, communication, and organizational skills.
Reporting to the CTO, the position will provide support for the digital department as a whole for administrative needs as well as project related tasks. This position is located on site in our Chelsea, New York office.
- Providing administrative support to the digital department:
- Coordinating/scheduling meetings and events
- Managing and processing receipts/expenses
- Procuring materials needed by department staff
- Collaborating with other gallery departmental assistants
- Supporting user administration and staff onboarding / offboarding across the gallery’s digital platforms, properties, and tools
- Assisting digital team with writing proposals and project outlines for digital initiatives, user manuals for programs being introduced to the gallery, and communications to announce department accomplishments to the broader organization
- Aiding in user and quality testing of departmental project deliverables (websites, software, etc.); helping to record and track issues through to resolution
- Assisting the digital team in coordinating the rollout of new digital tools / functionality / processes, along with related user training
- Updating content on various digital platforms, including: our public facing and internal websites, our internal database system, the department wiki, and third party systems such as ArtBinder
- Bachelor’s degree (design/art/technology focus preferred)
- Proficiency with the G Suite toolset - Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar - (and Microsoft equivalents)
- Comfort working in both OS X and Windows environments.
- Basic knowledge / experience working with one or more project / team collaboration tools such as Asana, Jira, Confluence, Slack
Extra Credit For:
- Knowledge of basic SEO and/or web analytics
- Experience working with content management systems and relational databases
- Experience with digital design software (Photoshop, Figma, Sketch)
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm, with additional hours as needed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins, please.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references through our careers page.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.