David Zwirner seeks an Exhibitions & Production Assistant for its primary market gallery. The ideal candidate will have a BA or higher in Art History, Studio Art, and at least 1 year experience at a gallery, museum, or artist’s studio. Superior organizational skills, the ability to carefully manage multiple projects and meet deadlines, and a thorough working knowledge of 3D rendering and design software are required.
Primary responsibilities include
- Manages frame orders for large volume gallery inventory (available, sold, online, art fairs, etc), including logistics
- Data gathering & documentation for installation manuals (via step-by-step process photographs & notes) Drafts preliminary manuals for review.
- Creates technical, vector, 2D & 3D drawings for manuals in sketchup and/or illustrator.
- Researches the design & fabrication processes of artwork components
- General department assistance: vendor & material research, errands, documentation of installations. Assist with special projects as needed
- General exhibition assistance: assists exhibition leads, arranges framing, drafts exhibition design documents and mockups, vendor coordination, material sourcing, errands, documents installations for archival purposes and installation manuals.
- Provide support to Inventory/Registration teams on select packing lists and inventory management projects (exhibition related itemized packing & elements lists):
- Creates exhibition models (both physical foamcore & digital Sketchup) as needed.
- BA (Art History, Administration, Studio Arts preferred)
- 1+ years experience in a museum, gallery, or artist studio
- Must have proficiency with Sketchup and/or AutoCAD, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Familiarity with video installation techniques and
- Familiarity with various mediums of artwork & materials
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to work under pressure and within a large organization
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm, with additional hours as needed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins, please.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.