David Zwirner seeks a full-time Social Media Coordinator to create and manage marketing content for the David Zwirner and David Zwirner Books social media channels. This position reports to the Social Media Director. Success in this integral, cross-departmental role requires experience in and enthusiasm for social and digital platforms, understanding of basic best practices across channel, intermediate-level or higher design and content creation skills, a highly organized and collaborative approach to content creation and campaign management, as well as a passion for excellence and creative problem solving.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Support in managing and coordinating all David Zwirner social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (including Stories, IGTV), TikTok, YouTube; partner with Hong Kong and Digital Editorial teams to build WeChat and Weibo calendar and related content.
- Collaboratively develop and execute the creative vision and approach for content across all channels under the leadership of Social Media Director and Marketing Director.
- In collaboration with the Social Media Director, create, maintain, and deploy a master social media content calendar and related assets/tools, leveraging the master marketing content calendar as well as social media best practices; assist with communicating updates to relevant stakeholders.
- Project manage social media requests partnering with the Design, Sales, Books and other teams on execution and timing.
- Work closely with the Photo and Research departments to coordinate approved assets (photos, videos, archives) for use in digital campaigns and initiatives.
- Design select social media assets using Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Publish, schedule, and distribute all approved content, with relevant CTAs and tracked links.
- Track and update the social aspects of the Marketing X-Channel Global Calendar.
- Create and distribute campaign reporting and insights including formal campaign and/or monthly recaps for relevant stakeholders.
- Manage daily social engagement and feedback including client queries, UGC engagement, comments and more.
- Assist Events Team with setup and live-streaming content.
- Thought leadership: Serve as channel expert and social media advocate within the gallery.
- Continuous ideation: Suggest and implement new features, tools, and ideas to raise brand awareness and grow channel followings.
- BA (Art History, Administration, Studio Arts preferred)
- 2-3 years related working experience; agency or equivalent experience a plus
- Tremendous passion for social media the art world
- Past experience managing content for multiple channels, including web, social media and e-blasts, and their related production and tracking tools
- Strong communication skills especially reaching out internally to coordinate content from multiple departments
- Excellent writing/editing/visual/judgment skills
- An understanding of analytics and campaign measuring tools
- Detail-oriented and deadline driven, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with different levels of the organization
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, and After Effects preferred
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm EST, worked remotely until further notice. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.