David Zwirner LLC seeks a Facilities Assistant for immediate hire at its secondary market gallery, located at 537 West 20th Street. All candidates should be highly organized self-starters with a keen attention to detail and the ability to problem-solve. Relevant experience with light construction, custodial work, and general maintenance is highly preferred. The ideal candidate must have 1-3 years of comparable experience, preferably at a commercial gallery or other art institution.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Daily paint touch-ups and wall patching of exhibition spaces and offices
- Sweep and mop all exhibition spaces
- Maintain clean sidewalk and facade
- Monitor and change light bulbs as needed
- Assist with building maintenance projects
- Organize common spaces and work areas
- Assist with openings and special events
- Order janitorial supplies
- Assist with maintenance of building systems
- Collect and dispose of trash and recycling daily
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of projects with accuracy and efficiency
- Must be a proactive team player
Position hours are Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.