Our primary and secondary market galleries currently seek a Full-Time Art Handler for immediate hire.
- Installation of gallery viewings and exhibitions
- Pack and label artworks for shipment and storage
- Assist Registration team with condition checking, filing and disseminating reports and database updates
- Assist with packing and installation for all domestic and international art fairs
- Perform local deliveries and off-site installations for clients
- Knowledge of proper handling and storage procedures for a variety of media
- Working knowledge of power tools
- Must be detail oriented, communicative, and extremely organized
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Macintosh OS, as well as familiarity with art database systems
- Minimum of 2 years in a gallery, museum or auction house setting in art handling, registration, production or a similar role
Position days/hours are variable, between Tuesday-Saturday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.