The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for managing paid digital marketing efforts, including affiliates, SEM, SEO, paid social and performance display advertising as well as unpaid digital marketing efforts, including campaigns and segmentation strategies for both email and web channels.
This role will be pivotal in redefining the client experience across our digital channels, including web and mobile, as well as developing and executing a digital strategy for customer acquisition, retention and segmentation across paid and organic channels.
Working closely with external agencies and cross functional team members, this role will require the ability to operate on both strategic and tactical levels, translating vision to execution.
Email & Website
• Oversee management of email program and strategy including any client segmentation and remarketing campaigns
• In partnership with Marketing team, determine optimal email calendar, as well as segmented, retargeting and triggered email campaigns.
• Manage data-driven aspects of email marketing campaigns end-to-end, including audience segmentation and targeting, set-up, deployment, reporting and ongoing testing and optimization.
• Oversee tracking and reporting of key email metrics such as Open Rate, CTR, and Unsubscribes by various segments, establishing benchmarks for each.
• Develop close working partnership with Email Service Provider and in-house Technology and Creative teams to help lead progress on departmental goals for email optimization, including HTML template enhancements, mobile optimization, data-driven personalization and more.
Manage landing page strategy and testing (especially in international locations and regarding artist intent) with an eye on ROI tied to lead generation and engagement
• Oversee management of affiliates, SEM, SEO, paid social and performance display advertising channels and deep dives on channel performance and is actively involved in program management and execution
• Managing tactical elements of digital marketing programs, including designing tests, outlining key targets, prospecting groups, goals, etc to internal and external partners
• Analyze data to provide insights and action on recommendations to drive optimization of paid marketing channels
• Proactively identify new digital marketing activations and technology/platforms to help drive brand awareness, sales and customer acquisition and oversee ad-hoc projects as needed.
• Assist in developing and executing on digital channel testing plan that includes ad copy, landing page optimization and various targeting options to increase conversions.
Budgeting & Reporting
• Prep for Monthly and Quarterly Business Review with Marketing and Digital leads, clearly presenting results and KPI’s
• Strategize, create, manage, and forecast marketing budget for efficiency across different channels including branding and acquisition efforts
• Set goals for channel performance, track performance against goals and report performance to senior leadership staying cognizant of ROI
• Manage vendor strategy, implementation and reporting of campaigns
• Initiative and develop A/B testing ideas to improve conversion and other key KPI’s
• Ability to understand analytics data, build reports, and summarize in meaningful ways for the goals of the business
• Previous management or leadership experience – Team of 2 direct reports
• Proactive, positive, and solution oriented
• Strong knowledge of Excel, and PowerPoint a must
• Knowledge of Sitecore, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
• Strong proficiency in using 3rd party software platforms such as Google AdWords, Facebook Ads Manager, Web analytics reporting tools like Google Analytics, Omniture preferred. Google AdWords, and Facebook Ads Certification a plus.
• Technological acumen, including basic knowledge of HTML and a comfort-level with the application of data, strongly preferred
• Relentless attention to detail, strong organization skills, cross-functional project management leadership abilities and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced, nimble environment
• Email marketing and customer acquisition marketing experience required; knowledge of best practices, and ability to learn technical systems and in-house tools quickly
• Deep experience and dexterity working with Sitecore CMS in a digital marketing capacity (or other enterprise system CMS such as EPiServer, Kentico, Umbraco, Sitefinity)
• Good understanding of Web development, information architecture, CMS and integrated technologies
• 5+ years digital marketing experience at a global and/or ecommerce brand strongly preferred
• 2+ years direct email marketing experience, including strategy, implementation, analytics and reporting
• Bachelors (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or equivalent
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.