David Zwirner seeks an experienced fine art videographer and video editor to create documentation and digital content around our global exhibitions and related programming. This part-time freelance role will partner closely with the Creative and Digital Content teams to produce short-form videos for the website, social and other key digital channels. Leveraging pre-existing narrative templates, this role will largely be responsible for creating finely tuned video captures of installations and related works, as well as the editing of artwork-focused and narrative videos.
- Film/capture all video content for NYC exhibitions, walk-thrus, installations, interviews, and relevant behind-the-scenes documentary footage, for archive, press, website and other channels as needed
- Edit the above captures into relevant short-form films for use in key digital channels; take on longer narrative or social edits as needed
- Edit captured installation and artwork footage from other David Zwirner galleries in Paris, London, and Hong Kong
- Partners with Video Producer and Creative Director to ensure consistency on videography of all event, installation and walk-thru filming; as well as the edited final product aligns to the gallery best practices and style guide
- Partner with Photo and Sales teams to ensure proper color calibration of spaces and works
- Create and edit short-form video with syndicated/found content for social, WeChat, and exhibition, DZB & DZ content (eg Dialogues, Serra) as needed
- Assist on reviewing footage, rough cuts of narrative films, and other video editing projects as needed
- Assist on uploading video to archive, website, and other channels as needed
- Uploads all approved video content to website; partners with Archive to ensure DZ video archive is up to date and easy to access for key parties
- Previous videography and video editing experience within a fine arts setting (museum, gallery, arts institution, artist studio, etc) is essential. Examples required
- Ability to leverage personal or rented equipment is essential. Camera must shoot at least 4k
- Dedicated support: candidates are ideally available 2-3 dedicated days per week for filming and editing
- Flexible schedule/proximity to galleries: Ability to quickly shoot in NYC galleries and turnaround edits in a tight timeframes
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects. Experience with Photoshop and Audition preferred
Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.