David Zwirner gallery seeks an Events Coordinator to join its marketing department. The position is based in New York and reports into the Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate will have three to five years related experience. Superior communication skills, the ability to time manage and meet deadlines, and the ability to work with multiple teams is required. This position will involve contact with curators, artists, long time clients and vendors therefore discretion, professionalism, and superb communication skills are essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Private Client Events
Manage and coordinate A-to-Z logistics for 30+ of private events annually which includes but is not limited to:
- Scout and secure venues for dinners and parties domestically and internationally
- Work with Marketing Manager and sales team to manage guest lists, invites, RSVPs, seating charts; manage outreach and RSVP management for lead private events
- Serve as primary liaison to vendors, secure and negotiate budgets, contracts, menu selection, day of logistics, etc
- Work with Marketing team on the budgets, negotiating fees, PO approvals, and invoice processing
- Partner with Client Dev, Marketing, and Sales teams on list management, invitations, RSVPs, seating charts, and other client experience touchpoints
- Partner with Marketing/Design team on invitations, additional staffing support as needed; Partner with Gallery management to coordinate car/transportation
- On owned private events, be present on-site to manage on-the-ground logistics throughout duration of events; support private additional events as needed
- Assist London and Hong Kong Gallery when needed with budgeting, deadline coordination, approvals, menus, and other relevant coordination touchpoints
- Develop and communicate key deadlines to relevant stakeholders
Public & Gallery-Related Events
- Maintain Global events calendar; distribute to partnering teams & Gallery Staff as needed
- Partner with Marketing Team to share quarterly view of Private & Public events to consolidate & calendarize List calls to partnering teams
- Partner with Marketing & Client Dev/Sales team to curate guest lists for Public & Semi-public Gallery events; manage outreach and RSVP management for select events
- Be on-site for Press, Public, and other Gallery-Related events; coordinate with Gallery team for staffing, logistics, run of show, resources, etc
- Collaborate on events with David Zwirner Books and partners, coordinate selected press events and event series
Other Gallery-Related Events
- Staff: Manage biannual Gallery Staff event planning and logistics
- Gallery-hosted events: Liaise with external partners hosting events at the gallery; manage on-the-ground logistics (catering, security, etc) with Gallery Management team as needed
- Development: Cultivate new partnerships (cultivation, sponsors, client groups etc) for new event series
- External events: Coordinate various benefit auctions, press events, and cocktail events with partners, vendors and clients as needed
- BA or Masters degree in Art History or Communications preferred
- 3 + years of related experience planning arts related private events
- Past experience planning public events
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, InDesign, and Photoshop
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.