David Zwirner is seeking a Design Assistant to support both the Marketing and Digital Department as well as the department at large. The gallery is seeking a candidate to fulfill marketing objectives through thoughtful design and art direction. You’re strong in conceptual thinking and design development. Create compelling and artfully integrated digital and print collateral, motion, and other materials that ultimately build awareness for David Zwirner (New York, London, and Hong Kong), and David Zwirner Books.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience working within design environments (gallery, agency, studio) and has a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design. Must be passionate about all things design. Must have outstanding technical skills with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects), familiarity with new media technology/software is a plus. Can collaborate with team members and is eager to help provide design solutions. David Zwirner is looking for an experienced, forward-thinking, and passionate full-time designer to join our growing creative team. Experience with digital and branding is a must, as well as a strong eye for typography and composition. Superior communication skills, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, work collaboratively and efficiently, and manage and meet deadlines is required.
Gallery & DZB Design Support:
- Design all digital gallery collateral (invitations, advertising, press releases, presentations & digital templates)
- Partner with Creative Director & Digital Manager to optimize and unify the database design and automated templates
- Support Design Manager as needed on gallery collateral (signage, pamphlets, previews, posters, catalogues, special presentations, books, etc)
Social & Digital Design Support:
- Conceptualize and create motion graphics, GIFS, and animations for weekly content
- Translate written content from site into visual content for social channels
- Develop a cohesive aesthetic across all visual assets to drive brand recognition; partner with Designer to turn into an international digital/social style guide
- Create engaging digital and social ad units as needed for DZ/DZB
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment
- Ensure a level of excellence in all creative work. Design and execute consistent, cohesive, materials that advance the brand and are within budget and meets deadlines. This includes digital and print design, video, and execution of integrated campaigns from conception through execution.
- Advance innovation in design concepts and art direction, while maintaining consistency, quality, and integrity of the brand.
- 2-3 years of experience practicing design within gallery, agency, studio environment
- Strong knowledge of Creative Suite CC (especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects) and designing online content. Knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus as well as Keynote.
- Excellent layout and typography skills (including setting up master pages, paragraph styles, etc.)
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong digital design background
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers within numerous departments
- Experience within a fine arts institution is a plus
- You feel most comfortable in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary environment that demands a high degree of adaptability while maintaining the utmost quality of work.
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.