Sales Operations Assistant
David Zwirner is looking for a Sales Operations Assistant to work with its Managing Director of Sales. This team works closely with sales, research, finance and registration and is a direct line to sales regarding logistics, inventory, acquisitions, valuations and sales strategy. This is a dynamic role for someone who enjoys working in the behind-scenes of the sales process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Viewing room scheduling and coordinating installations, maintenance of viewing room calendar and conference room schedule
- Sales support including assisting with appraisals, loan requests, and helping to maintain Artbinder
- Inventory dispersal for exhibitions for international gallery locations and art fairs
- Assist with timeline management for the varying stages of purchases and sales
- Assist with collection management and collection and works-on-view inventory
- Monitor gallery artists’ works at auction; liaise with auction houses for setting up telephone bids, cataloguing, research, copyright and other general inquiries
- Assist with training for sales assistants and front desk as it relates to sales/viewings
- Projects and tasks as requested
- BA in Art History, Art Business or similar
- 3+years of both gallery and auction experience preferred
- Candidate be focused, reliable, have an exacting attention to detail and interest in sales logistics.
- Candidate needs to be quick, able to multitask and prioritize
- Must be able to work with team members at all levels
Position hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.