With a significant year ahead, Wachsman is now seeking an accomplished communications consultant for its New York office in downtown Manhattan. Reporting directly to an Account Supervisor, the consultant will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day account execution. They will assist in the planning, organizing and executing of PR plans while developing relationships with global media. Travel to events and to meetings with technology clients may be required.
- Assisting in the planning and executing of highly successful global PR campaigns.
- Drafting, editing, and issuing press materials.
- Dealing with enquiries from press, clients, new business and external organizations.
- Researching and creating narratives for pitching to reporters both within the US, Europe, and internationally.
- Conducting one-on-one client engagement regularly.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with influential media to secure and grow coverage.
- Conducting meetings with clients and new business.
- Supporting and training junior team members.
The successful applicant will have:
- At least 3 years of PR agency experience.
- Exceptional work ethic and motivated to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with a strong interest in finance and technology.
- Track record of securing media coverage and experience in developing relationships with reporters.
- Ability to think strategically when developing PR campaigns.
- Excellent organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills
This is a non-management position
This is a full time, exempt position