Datrium has built the world’s first system that converges world-class performance, world-class capacity optimization, AWS integration, and fine-grained data management. Combining these functions into one system delivers game-changing simplicity to VM and devops administrators. Our goal is to disrupt the traditional server+array+backup patterns and transform how enterprise applications are deployed in the data center and cloud. Datrium is a pre-IPO startup led by the CTOs and founders from Data Domain and early Principal Engineers from VMware.
Datrium is looking for sharp engineers to join its world class team building industry disrupting storage and data management products. You will join the team building the distributed communication infrastructure for the Datrium products.
- Design and implement the software infrastructure underlying a high-performance distributed storage system.
- Design and implement the cluster communication infrastructure across multiple language bindings and systems.
- Implement APIs for the communication infrastructure, so that other modules can seamlessly integrate with it
- Create functional specification, design documents and api guide for the communication infrastcuture.
- Ensure that the quality and performance of the module meet the required criteria.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science and Engineering.
- 0-3 years of experience
- Expertise in C (or C++), Python and Java programming languages
- Proficiency in data structures and algorithms.
- Proficiency and experience in inter-process communication, threading models, synchronization concepts and complex multithreaded software design.
- Knowledge of networking concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Linux Kernel or Virtualization is an added advantage.