Datrium has built the world’s first system that converges world-class performance, world-class capacity optimization, AWS integration, and fine-grained data management. Combining these functions into one system delivers game-changing simplicity to VM and devops administrators. Our goal is to disrupt the traditional server+array+backup patterns and transform how enterprise applications are deployed in the data center and cloud. Datrium is a pre-IPO startup led by the CTOs and founders from Data Domain and early Principal Engineers from VMware.
Datrium is looking for an experience build and release engineer to work on the continuous build and integration infrastructure for the Datrium Product.
- Manage and enhance the build system to ensure that the build systems is working smoothly at all times for continuous integration and for engineers.
- Integrate build system, continuous integration system and the test infrastructure into a cohesive system with robust reporting and metrics to find point of further improvement.
- Provide packaging for build systems and tools.
- Explore newer technologies to identify potential areas of improvement, like simplification or performance, in the build system. Evangelize those ideas and implement them.
- BS or MS in Computer Science and Engineering
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working in a similar role or technologies.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Makefiles
- Minimum 2 years of experience with programming in Python
- Minimum 4 years of experience with shell proramming
- Experience with building and maintaining a large build system
- Experience with Jenkins, git, git hooks etc.
- Familiarity with tools like GNU Make, Autotools, Python Module Packaging, PIP, Linux Packaging (rpm, deb, pkgbuild etc.)
- Familiarity with some of the modern build systems like scons, cmake, meson, go, rust etc.
- Familiarity with custom linux kernel build system, embedded linux packaging, crosstools-ng is a bonus.