Datrium has built the world’s first system that converges world-class performance, world-class capacity optimization, AWS integration, and fine-grained data management. Combining these functions into one system delivers game-changing simplicity to VM and devops administrators. Our goal is to disrupt the traditional server+array+backup patterns and transform how enterprise applications are deployed in the data center and cloud. Datrium is a pre-IPO startup led by the CTOs and founders from Data Domain and early Principal Engineers from VMware.
We are looking for an experienced file systems and storage engineer to join Datrium's world class team build industry disrupting storage and data management products. You will join the File Systems and Storage Pool team building high performance, highly scalable, concurrent storage systems.
- Primary responsibility is the development of core features in a large distributed system
- Build a high-performance highly scalable concurrent storage system, implementing new features and optimizations
- Design and implement software with clean APIs
- Write documents/specs describing designs/modules
- Relentless focus on quality and performance.
- Proficient in building system-level software for systems that are scalable and fault tolerant
- Experienced in working on software systems with complex interdependencies
- Thrilled to apply theoretical and algorithmic knowledge to systems design
- A skilled technical leader with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong C programmer (C++ is fine). Proficiency in Python is a plus
- Familiar with MapReduce model of programming
- Experience in file systems, deduplication, space reclamation (garbage collection in log structured file systems).
- have significant experience in file systems and storage systems
- have 5+ years industry experience
- have a PhD or MS in computer science, computer engineering or related fields