Datrium has built the world’s first system that converges world-class performance, world-class capacity optimization, AWS integration, and fine-grained data management. Combining these functions into one system delivers game-changing simplicity to VM and devops administrators. Our goal is to disrupt the traditional server+array+backup patterns and transform how enterprise applications are deployed in the data center and cloud. Datrium is a pre-IPO startup led by the CTOs and founders from Data Domain and early Principal Engineers from VMware.
Datrium is looking for an experienced engineer to work on network communications for its industry leading distributed storage and data management products.
- Support and enhance the existing cluster communication infrastructure spanning multiple language bindings (C, C++, Python, Java).
- Work includes: network security, distributed rate limiting, network aggregation, network proxying, and software defined networking.
- Create functional specification, design documents and api guides.
- Ensure communication quality and performance meet the required criteria.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science and Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience
- Expertise in C (or C++), Python and Java programming languages
- Strong proficiency and experience in inter-process communication, threading models, synchronization concepts and complex multithreaded software design.
- Proficiency in data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge and experience with networking concepts (software defined networking, virtual switches, etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Linux Kernel or Virtualization is an added advantage.