Sr. Solutions Architect / Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated and technical self-starter that is very experienced with a broad scope of storage, server, network, and virtualization technologies. Use this knowledge to develop and disseminate compelling messaging, product demos, presentations, and sales training.
The Sr. Solution Architect / Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer is a high impact position, providing a critical bridge between the product organization (Marketing and Engineering), field (Sales and Sales Engineers) and customers (including the partner channel). This person will be hands-on in solution development, competitive analysis, and will also spend time engaging with product management, sales, and customers to understand and highlight our unique value proposition.
As a domain expert in storage solutions for virtualization, you will occasionally meet with customers and strategic partners to represent Datrium’s capabilities as well as working closely with teams across the organization to define and communicate marketing messages, positioning, and key customer value differentiators. You may also work with third-party vendor organizations as required to achieve corporate goals in regards to wider product integration and best practices.
The type of work will cover a mix of structured and unstructured tasks, solving routine to moderately complex problems. Must be able to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Recognized as an expert in the field of virtualization and storage.
- Ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis as needed to help customers make buying decisions.
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation and frequently requires collaboration across multiple technical teams.
- Ability to exercises latitude in determining own objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Understanding of storage technologies and competitive offerings in the marketplace is strongly preferred.
- Create content – design and develop – deliverables such as white papers, technical reports, presentations, demos, benchmarks, blogs, videos, and technical training materials to enable sales and partners to position Datrium solutions and to help customers understand and use product capabilities.
- Responsible for developing technical collateral in project related technologies to highlight best practices, including help with architectural design work, lab testing, and publishing documentation. This includes assisting with design, deployment and integration guides for products, solutions and reference architecture.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills to help deliver technical content produced.
- Demonstrated experience in authoring technical articles. Ability to plan, outline and publish professional technical documents on schedule.
- Public communication through external resources like blogs, social media, industry sites, conferences, and publications is extremely valuable.
Communication and Teamwork:
- Participate in customer meetings, demos, presentations, and proof of concepts.
- Participate in public forums, both live and digital, on Datrium’s solutions.
- Provide technical and business credibility when working with customers and partners.
- Provide feedback to product line management and engineering to improve product usability and competitive positioning.
- Work with diverse audiences including Customers (practitioner to executives), Sales Organizations, and Partner business leaders.
- Ability to work collaboratively with functional peers across functions, aligning closely with related teams across the company to advance our brand and value-proposition impressions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple critical projects.
- Demonstrated experience working with Marketing and Sales organizations.
Competition and Market Analysis:
- Able to research and gain deep insights into the market and the competitive landscape.
- Able to help develop competitive strategies based on customer value.
- Ability to work on technical issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation.
- Build and manage integrated solutions and demo environments.
- Participate in lab management functions as required to maintain the lab equipment including setup and tear down. This may include providing specific information for equipment procurement.
- Support technical aspects of industry events in the areas of product demonstration and logistic and staffing support as needed.
Experience / Education:
- The ideal candidate will have established their expertise in industry venues like conferences, blog sites and professional organizations.
- Ten or more years of industry experience. Five years of technical marketing experience is optimal.
- VMware certification (e.g., VCP, VCDX) is highly desired.
- Previous start-up experience preferred.