Datrium has built the world’s first system that converges world-class performance, world-class capacity optimization, AWS integration, and fine-grained data management. Combining these functions into one system delivers game-changing simplicity to VM and devops administrators. Our goal is to disrupt the traditional server+array+backup patterns and transform how enterprise applications are deployed in the data center and cloud. Datrium is a pre-IPO startup led by the CTOs and founders from Data Domain and early Principal Engineers from VMware.
Datrium is looking for sharp engineers to join its world class team building industry disrupting storage and data management products. You will join the file systems and storage pool team building high-performance, highly scalable, concurrent storage systems.
- Build a high-performance highly scalable concurrent storage system, implementing new features and optimizations
- Design and implement software with clean APIs
- Write documents/specs describing designs/modules
- Relentless focus on quality and performance.
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science and engineering.
- 0-3 years of experience.
- Expert in C or C++. Proficiency in Python is a plus.
- Proficient with data structures and algorithms.
- Proficient with distributed systems, inter-process communication, threading models, synchronization concepts and experience with complex multithreaded software design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with file systems is required. Experience with deduplication, encryption, space reclamation (Garbage Collection in log structured file systems) is a plus.
- Knowledge of performance benchmarking using standard tools is a plus.