DATRIUM – SR. SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Summary: The Systems Engineer (SE) provides pre-sales technical support to Datrium Storage
Account Executives, Partners and customers covering all of our technologies. The SE is a pivotal
specialist role supporting a region of Sales Teams. This is a technical position supporting Sales.
• Pre-sales technical & strategy support to Datrium Storage Account Executives ( AE ),
partners and customers covering all of the company’s technologies.
• Work with other account teams to formulate account strategies.
• Stay abreast of current industry technology, trends, and competition.
• Regularly present in front of customers in round table discussions as well as large
• Work in tandem with the AE in fulfilling sales goals and responding to RFI/RFPs.
• Work with AE to create brand awareness within the territory and/or region.
• Periodically perform system deployment, installation, and integration of Datrium
Storage solutions in customer environments.
• Coordination with regional SE/SR teams focusing on enterprise accounts and other
• Effectively apply technical knowledge to pre-sales situations and crafting solutions for
clients whilst assessing their storage needs in relation to strategy, solution, and cost.
• Execute Proof of Concept engagements with customers.
• Provide coaching, service, guidance, and leadership to colleagues.
• Provide Datrium partners technical training, installation assistance and general
competitive positioning support.
• Participate in continuous SE training and refinement.
• Technical presentations to a wide array of audiences with both technical and nontechnical
• Travel 25-75%
• 10 years of experience selling enterprise solutions into large and complex
organizations using target account selling, solution selling and/or consultative sales
• BS/BA in CS/EE highly desired.
• Strong VMWare skills (VCP highly desired) with background in server architecture.
• Previous startup experience preferred.
• The SE must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Understanding of storage protocols such as iSCSI, NFS, CiFS.
• The SE must have a desire to learn new technologies and enjoy doing “hands-on”.
• The SE must possess various personal traits like excellent inter-personal skills, high
energy, be self-motivated, trustworthy, friendly and dependable with excellent follow
• Should have experience with various operating systems including LINUX & Windows.
• Detailed knowledge of primary storage, data protection, disaster recovery, &
familiarity with technology from Zerto, VEEAM,
• Competitive awareness desired on vSAN, Tintri, Tegile, Nutanix and others.