Datrium - Beyond HCI
Datrium is the leader in Open Converged Infrastructure for private clouds. Datrium converges compute, data encryption, primary and secondary storage, business continuity, and archive to cloud for vastly simpler administration, performance and protection of private cloud infrastructure. The company is led by the founders and early top architects of Data Domain and VMware. For more information, visit www.datrium.com and follow @datrium on Twitter.
Senior Account Manager - Based in Chicago, IL
Datrium is looking for a Senior Account Manager to cover Enterprise, Commercial, and SLED market segments in Illinois and Wisconsin. As an Account Manager, you are responsible for selling Datrium’s Products and Solutions through Channel Partners and interacting directly with prospects and customers in the region. You will also be working closely with a Sales Engineer in your territory.
Essential to success in this role is a keen ability develop new accounts and to penetrate new divisions and organizations within your assigned accounts. Datrium provides unrivaled support and tools from the Engineering, Marketing, Channel, Inside Sales, Product Development, and Executive leadership for you to leverage to exceed sales performance goals.
This is a unique career opportunity to join a rising company and bring new transformative solutions to your partners and customers!!
- Develop territory strategy to penetrate new accounts via existing relationships, Marketing programs, Inside Sales call outs, and Channel representatives
- Identify, develop, and enable Channel partners in your territory
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop demand in your territory
- Develop warm target lists for Inside Sales representatives to set appointments
- Respond to RFP's and follow up with prospects.
- Apply consultative selling approach to discuss business issues with prospect and develop a formal sales proposals in addressing their technical and business needs.
- Develop an account plan to sell to larger customers based on their business needs.
- Build and strengthen business relationships with current accounts and new prospects.
- Build and strengthen business relationships with current and new partners
- Provide status information to your Manager including forecast/pipeline information.
- Provide or facilitate training opportunities for your partners and accounts.
- Identify Datrium customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
- Provide product feedback back to engineering to improve Datrium solutions
- Ability to develop new territories, a self-starter
- Ability to create high activity in territory and multi-task several demand generation programs, channel development, and sales campaigns the same time
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, Inside Sales, and Product Development.
- Experience with new territory development, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems as well as the competitive landscape.
- Ability to communicate with senior managers about their business challenges and Datrium solutions.
- Experience using SFDC and other CRM software.
- Track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
Qualifications and Experience
- 10 to 20 years of sales experience preferred.
- In-depth understanding of customer/industry climate
- High level of solutions and technical knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience