Data Society seeks a Lead Consultant who is ready to play a crucial role within a rapidly growing and high-performing organization. You enjoy addressing clients’ most pressing and complex issues by designing, planning, and managing analytic initiatives and developing machine-learning solutions from start to finish. You will partner with and build strong relationships with our clients’ staff and management in the government and corporate sectors, providing business analytics, artificial intelligence, and IT solutions for mission-centric problems.
We are looking for staff who have or can rapidly grow into the triple-threat model of consulting: performing marketing and sales, providing technical competence, and delivering high-quality work. Data Society is a fast growing company so the person in this role should be ready for change, wearing multiple hats and engaging regularly across internal teams.
- Lead teams with diverse skills, including management consultants, software engineers, data scientists, and instructors, to develop high-quality deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead the scoping of project requirements, draft proposals and analytic plans, create project timelines, and draft other materials related to sales and capture.
- Derive insightful, strategic recommendations through core management consulting skills combined with data science / machine learning applications.
- Use your analytics and machine learning expertise to research and recommend the best analytic approaches to solving challenges facing our clients.
- Lead and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to manage data logistics, including data transfers, understanding data structures, business rules, etc.
- Oversee QA/QC of data and output to ensure accuracy, completeness and reliability.
- Create compelling presentations that provide actionable insights and recommendations
- Present reports to key internal and external stakeholders, effectively communicating the key findings and recommendations.
- As you mature in the role, manage multiple projects concurrently to ensure successful completion of analytic projects.
Skills you bring
- 5-7+ years of experience in client focused roles, manipulating data sets, both structured and unstructured, with natural curiosity for exploring data and finding the untold story.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (statistics, economics, mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering, or a related scientific discipline).
- A Master’s degree is a related technical discipline or in business is preferred.
- Strong understanding of statistics, modeling and machine learning techniques.
- Hands-on experience building analytic processes and solutions at scale.
- Familiarity with the following programming languages: SAS, Python, R and SQL. Familiarity with cloud based, open source computing environment.
- Understanding of the best ways to display data visually, creating powerful presentations which effectively demonstrate the value of analytic deliverables.
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Solid planning, priority setting, and project management skills with experience managing multiple projects and resources concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Holding a current security clearance is a plus, but is not required.
- Experience at a major, name brand consulting firm also helpful but not required.
Our home office is located in Washington DC close to McPherson Square metro station. We offer excellent benefits and perks, and flexible work arrangements.
Who we are
Data Society is a rapidly-growing, DC-based, solutions, training, and software development firm that helps clients utilize their data more effectively to make better decisions. We provide customized training, software engineering, business process transformation, and predictive analytics engineering services to a variety of commercial, NGOs and government clients. Our clients span a variety of industries, but no matter the use case, what we bring is a structured, data-driven approach that unlocks insights from a variety of data sources and empowers new efficiencies, better client service, and higher quality decisions.
At Data Society, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Data Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Data Society does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Data Society employees or any other company location. Data Society is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.