Data Society is hiring a cadre of data analytics Consultants who are ready to play a crucial role within a rapidly growing and high-performing organization. Each Consultant will be a key team member who enjoys addressing our client’s most pressing and complex issues through data. You will partner with and build strong relationships with our clients’ staff (government and corporate), providing business analytics, artificial intelligence, and IT solutions for mission-centric problems. You will proactively identify, prioritize and conduct analyses that drive meaningful insights and solutions.
Initially the position will require work as an individual contributor. Over time successful members of the team will be given rapid opportunity to grow into team leadership. We are looking for staff who have or can rapidly grow into the triple-threat model of consulting: performing marketing and sales, providing technical competence, and delivering high-quality work. Data Society is a fast growing company so the persons hired into this role should be ready for change, wearing multiple hats and engage regularly across internal teams.
- Participate in client delivery across a range of corporate clients and government agencies.
- Work across the organization to identify opportunities, craft program strategy, and develop tactical action plans for organizations to achieve their overall business objectives.
- Work within a diverse team of management consultants, software engineers, data scientists, and instructors to develop high-quality deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Conduct business development by determining market needs, establish new business opportunities, and lead pursuit activities.
- Drive successful completion of analytic deliverables
- Ensures quality and reliability of data obtained from client sources and offline data sources.
Skills you bring
- 3+ years of experience working in a client facing role; consulting experience mandatory, experience at a name-brand consultancy is preferred.
- The ability to manage clients and internal stakeholders in ensuring that data is received and managed in timely and efficient manner.
- The ability to convey mathematical and data science concepts in meaningful way to business clients and internal team members.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- The ability to work effectively across functions, levels and disciplines.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite – particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SQL, R and Python, and/or other programming languages.
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical concepts.
- Strong problems solving and critical thinking skills.
- Superior teamworking skills, and a desire to learn, contribute, and explore.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, engineering, computer science, mathematics or business; master’s degree or MBA or related advanced degree is desirable.
- Holding a current security clearance is a plus, but is not required.
Our home office is located in Washington DC close to McPherson Square metro station. We offer excellent benefits and perks, and flexible work arrangements.
Who we are
Data Society is a rapidly-growing, DC-based, data science solutions, training, and software development firm that helps clients utilize their data more effectively to make better decisions. We provide customized training, software engineering, business process transformation, and predictive analytics engineering services to a variety of commercial, NGOs and government clients. Our clients span a variety of industries, but no matter the use case, what we bring is a structured, data-driven approach that unlocks insights from a variety of data sources and empowers new efficiencies, better client service, and higher quality decisions.
At Data Society, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Data Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Data Society does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Data Society employees or any other company location. Data Society is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.