We're looking for someone to join our team in Toronto or Montreal to help lead the development of a next-gen healthcare machine learning system using the latest container technologies. You will be working with legitimate big-data machine learning problems at scale on an impactful project.
A successful candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently, and looking to take on a challenging role in a fast-paced project.
The primary tasks of the Senior Software Developer are:
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Investigate and recommend technologies, libraries, frameworks or methods
- Communicate insights clearly and succinctly to internal and external audiences
- Develop business logic with Java/Kotlin and GoLang
- Work with container technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Write and maintain documentation
- Practice an Agile software development methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Java/Kotlin and GoLang
- SQL/RDBMS experience
- Experience with a modern VCS (eg git)
- Basic knowledge of enterprise networking and storage
Other Valuable Skills
- Creation/Consumption of REST APIs
- Python experience
- Jupyter notebooks or R experience
- Experience in the medical field and/or in genomics (this is not required)
- Basic knowledge of machine learning and associated workflows as they apply to medical science
- Working knowledge of popular cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, etc)
What we offer
- A fast-paced work environment where every day is different
- A company that values learning and has 30% PhDs on staff
- From not-for-profit fundraising to improving childhood health, you’ll work on projects that have a real impact on people’s lives
- A startup feel to your workday and the opportunity to join a growing, multi-disciplinary team
- A competitive health package including dental
** Thank-you for reading thoroughly! To deter automated submissions, we ask that applicants respond with the answer to the following question in their submission: If y=2x+10 and x is 2, what is y? **
About Data Sciences
Data Sciences is a different type of agency. We bring data and digital together to deliver unmatched, measurable results.
Data Sciences is a group of leading experts in the fields of data analytics, research, digital marketing and engagement campaigns that have a common goal to make a difference. Together we help organizations including Canadian and international NGOs, political parties, and major companies leverage data to produce measurable results.
Data Sciences is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and employment equity. We believe that the most successful teams are those made up of people from diverse backgrounds with diverse belief systems. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome. We will contact only those summoned for an interview.