Back-End Software Engineer
About Data Republic - Helping the world decide wisely
At Data Republic we are delivering technology at the leading edge of the emerging data sector. We work closely with forward-thinking companies, governments and industry influencers around the world to enable a better future for all, powered by data insights. With us, you can be part of a data revolution!
We’re looking for people with the curiosity and grit to join a start-up dedicated to changing how the world works with data. Why? We know data has the power to unlock benefits for business and society as a whole, but there are huge consequences when it is misused. That’s why we’re forging a Data Republic where governed access to the world’s data is made possible.
We’re proud to say that we’re backed by some big names (ANZ, Westpac Reinventure, NAB Ventures, Qualgro VC and Qantas Loyalty), but that doesn’t stop us from being a team that cares about startup hustle, big ideas and sharing a beer on a Friday.
About this Role
We are looking for an experienced and Software Engineer who is passionate about technology. Primarily working in Java utilising the Spring Boot framework you will be creating new and maintaining existing APIs that are part of an event driven architecture.
You will be working across the full software development lifecycle in an Agile environment. You must take a quality approach to solution design and software delivery. We're looking for someone to work autonomously in a small development team, taking ownership of the requirement, proposing, evaluating, implementing, documenting and driving solutions through to completion.
You must be able to continue to learn new technologies, and evolve the platform to keep pace with technology changes, always working towards making Data Republic’s data exchange platform a robust and secure platform that is simple for customers to use.
Experience and Skills
● Languages: Java 8+
● Web services: REST API, Spring Boot
● Container Technologies: Kubernetes, Docker and Docker compose
● Cloud Platforms: AWS (primarily), Azure, GCP
● Methodologies: Scrum and Agile Development
● Languages: Python, Terraform, Node.js and Angular (you will get exposure to all of these)
● Server Technologies: event-pipeline, pub/sub, data streaming, distributed caching, computing and storage, ESB
● Big Data: ETL, AWS Redshift, Hadoop, Hive, AWS EMR
● Team collaboration: Jira, Confluence
What you’ll enjoy:
● Competitive salary and equity options for all team members
● Flexible working arrangements
● Parental leave benefits (for both primary and secondary carers)
● Sponsored team events and company celebrations
● Great central location, close to Wynyard station
● Online learning for the whole team
● Most importantly, working with clever and curious people that want to evangelize the data space.
Does this sound like you? APPLY NOW!