Dandelion Chocolate is a bean-to-bar chocolate factory in San Francisco’s Mission District. We make chocolate from only two ingredients, cocoa beans and cane sugar, and travel to origins as often as we can to build good, trusting relationships with the producers who grow and ferment our beans. We are currently seeking a dishwasher and busser for our café and production kitchen. At Dandelion, our dishwasher is as important to our daily success as our chocolate makers and baristas.
You are proactive and willing to lend a hand to anyone on the team. When you arrive in the morning, you notice that the boxes from the latest FedEx delivery are blocking the front door. You move them to a safer place where they are out of the way so that they are out of the way and no longer a safety hazard. Next, you notice that someone spilled their hot chocolate in the cafe so without missing a beat, you grab a mop and clean up the spill while keeping in mind that the floor is slippery and putting out a “caution” sign until it’s dry. You always make sure that dirty dishes are cleared quickly, that the bus bins are cleared regularly, and that the front of house team has ample dish ware, polished water glasses, and utensils. This full-time role starts at $16.50/hour plus pooled tips.
- Bus, wash, and put away dishes
- Keep the cafe, factory and kitchen areas clean -- bus tables and clean up spills
- Restock dishes
- Assist in daily side work
- Report any dish machine malfunctions or concerns to the manager
- Sort and organize kitchen wares and maintain general kitchen tidiness
- Sweep, mop, and take out trash throughout the day
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and walking throughout shift
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
- Other tasks as necessary
- Food industry and kitchen experience is a plus
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 45 lbs
- Proven ability to work within a team
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Operations/maintenance experience is a huge plus!
- English proficiency
The benefits and perks continue beyond a robust chocolate and coffee education. Dandelion Chocolate constantly invests in our people and culture. All team members receive medical, vision, and dental benefits as well as the option to enroll in our 401k program. All team members receive paid vacation time, holiday pay, and paid sick time. In addition, our team members enjoy commuter benefits, FSAs, local gym discounts, chocolate tasting opportunities, the chance to travel to origin and our Japan locations, and a range of opportunities to grow and develop within the company.
How to Apply
Dandelion Chocolate is growing and we are looking for employees who take ownership of their role. You will stand out from the crowd if your resume is accompanied by a cover letter with a few sentences about your most memorable food experience. We look forward to hearing from you!