Dandelion Chocolate is a bean-to-bar chocolate factory in San Francisco’s Mission District. We make chocolate from only two ingredients, cocoa beans and cane sugar, and travel to origins as often as we can to build good, trusting relationships with the producers who grow and ferment our beans. Now we’re seeking a Guest Experience Ambassador to help us provide world-class hospitality to each and every person who steps into our 16th Street Factory and Café.
About the Role
The Guest Experience Ambassador is the face of our factory. Our ideal candidate is a mature, team-oriented individual who is excited to create and share world-class chocolate experiences. You develop authentic rapport with guests, can work independently as necessary, and you have the savvy to navigate unexpected situations with confidence. Whether a guest is coming in for a tour, a birthday party, getting a hot chocolate to-go, or wandered in as they were walking by, you are the first face they will see and will be there to assess their needs, answer questions, and make recommendations.
In a given day, you’ll get a myriad of questions from where cacao is grown to when the next open tour is to whether our truffles are vegan. Through training, you should be able to answer most questions that come your way and you know where to turn if you don’t. Your expertise will encourage curiosity in our guests and lead to exceptional experiences and create chocolate evangelists. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for translating guest feedback into actionable proposals, supporting your fellow front-of-house team members with guest issues, and developing long-lasting guest relationships. This full-time role starts at $18.25/hour.
Above all, you’re an amazing communicator. You read between the lines to understand intentions, anticipate unspoken needs, and to experience the world through our guests’ eyes. You work to understand the day to day operations and events at our factory, and make recommendations and suggestions that enable our guests to experience Dandelion at the highest level possible. You actively look for creative solutions and are biased toward action in our guests’ favor. Our ideal candidate comes from a hospitality or guest service background and easily connects to others with grace, empathy, and earnest curiosity.
- Hospitality: Regardless of the day of the week or the crowds, customers can consistently depend upon you for an amazing experience. You look for opportunities to surprise and delight, both with your team and with guests. You’re empowered to create great experiences and never hesitate to resolve an issue with empathy and grace.
- Phone and Email Support: Answer calls and emails to the café to book reservations across our new factory, answer questions, and accommodate special requests.
- Tours: Train with our Chocolate Experiences Team to be comfortable speaking in front of small groups. If a fellow chocolate maker or special guest drops in unexpectedly, guide ad hoc tours as necessary.
- Other tasks as necessary
- Phenomenal Interpersonal Skills: You have strong communication and teaching skills and can change your approach and response depending upon the situation. You enjoy providing hospitality to a global audience, working across teams, and supporting the entire organization.
- Desire to grow and develop: You look for opportunities to develop your skill set and are looking to grow within an organization.
- Flexibility: You are energized by and thrive in a busy environment. You are skilled at understanding priorities, knowing what needs to get done immediately and what can wait until later.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills: You have impeccable spelling and grammar and communicate with simplicity and warmth. You read between the lines and “seek first to understand.”
- Technical know-how: We use tools such as Resy, Square, WordPress, Shopify, Dialpad, and the Google Suite just to name a few. We’re happy to train anyone, and a willingness to grow your skills is a plus.
The benefits and perks continue beyond a robust chocolate and coffee education. Dandelion Chocolate constantly invests in our people and culture. All team members receive medical, vision, and dental benefits as well as the option to enroll in our 401k program. All employees receive paid vacation time, holiday pay, and paid sick time. In addition, our team members enjoy commuter benefits, FSAs, local gym discounts, chocolate tasting opportunities, the chance to travel to origin and our Japan locations, and a range of opportunities to grow and develop within the company.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with a copy of your resume and cover letter. You’ll stand out from the crowd if you include one or two sentences detailing your favorite food experience
. We do our best to respond to all serious candidates within 7-14 days. We look forward to hearing from you!