Dandelion Chocolate is a bean-to-bar chocolate factory in San Francisco’s Mission District. We make chocolate from only two ingredients, cocoa beans and cane sugar, and travel to origins as often as we can to build good, trusting relationships with the producers who grow and ferment our beans. We are currently seeking a dishwasher and busser for our café, salon, and production kitchen on 16th Street as we get ready for our grand opening. At Dandelion, our dishwasher is as important to our daily success as our chocolate makers and baristas.
You are proactive and willing to lend a hand to anyone on the team. When you arrive in the morning, you notice that the boxes from the latest FedEx delivery are blocking the front door. You move them to a safer place where they are out of the way so that they are out of the way and no longer a safety hazard. Next, you notice that someone spilled their hot chocolate in the cafe so without missing a beat, you grab a mop and clean up the spill while keeping in mind that the floor is slippery and putting out a “caution” sign until it’s dry. You always make sure that dirty dishes are cleared quickly, that the bus bins are cleared regularly, and that both the baristas and servers have ample dishware and polished water glasses and utensils. We’ll be launching our brand-new 16th Street Factory soon, and we are looking for bussers/dishwashers to join our opening team. The starting rate is $15/hour plus tips.
- Bus, wash, and put away dishes
- Keep the cafe, factory and salon areas clean -- bus tables, clean up spills
- Restock dishes
- Assist in daily side work
- Report any dish machine malfunctions or concerns to the manager
- Sort and organize kitchen wares and maintain general kitchen tidiness
- Sweep, mop, and take out trash throughout the day
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and walking throughout shift
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
- Other tasks as necessary
- Food industry and kitchen experience is a plus
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 45 lbs
- Proven ability to work within a team
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Operations/maintenance experience is a huge plus!
- English proficiency
Dandelion Chocolate constantly invests in its people and culture. We offer excellent perks including subsidized medical, vision, and dental benefits as well as the option to enroll in our 401k program. We also offer paid vacation and sick time to our employees. Our team members enjoy commuter benefits, local gym discounts, and lots of chocolate and pastry tasting opportunities.
How to Apply
Dandelion Chocolate is growing and we are looking for employees who take ownership of their role. You will stand out from the crowd if your resume is accompanied by a cover letter with a few sentences about your most memorable food experience. We look forward to hearing from you!