Dandelion Chocolate is a bean-to-bar chocolate factory in San Francisco's Mission District. We make chocolate from only two ingredients, cocoa beans and cane sugar, and travel to origins as often as we can to build good, trusting relationships with the producers who grow and ferment the beans we buy. We're always searching for distinctive, quality cocoa beans and now we're seeking a positive, detail-oriented Part-Time Seasonal Product Maker to help our packaging team operate as seamlessly as possible.
About The Job
Each day will be a little different, depending on the needs of the team throughout the season. Some mornings, you'll come in to check in with the Product Makers for a morning meeting, and then sit down to tape and fold small gift boxes on your own. After lunch, you'll meet again with the team to talk over goals, and in the afternoon you and the team will work as a group to fill, wrap, and tie ribbons on the boxes. Other days, your mornings will be filled with helping the production team to hand foil our chocolate bars, ensuring the highest quality product goes out to the next stage of packaging, and then spending the afternoon doing a series of odd jobs throughout the factory - folding boxes for our Advent Calendar, punching out gift cards, measuring and cutting ribbon. You'll be a huge help to our team throughout the exciting holiday season, and thanks to you, everyone will think this has been the lowest stress one yet! This temporary, part-time position pays $15/hour.
When working repetitive tasks you easily slip into a zen state of mind, staying focused on consistency and quality. You are eager to help out, offering assistance where it is needed when you can. You are self-motivated and able to manage your own time effectively, finding great satisfaction in a job done beautifully. Throughout the day you work efficiently through your to-do list, with an eye for the quality standards necessary for the factory space. You learn quickly and jump headfirst into new tasks, asking questions along the way and adjusting according to feedback.
- Prepare products including taping and folding boxes, cutting ribbons, and filling tins
- Assemble small and large gift boxes, creating an excellent customer experience from the ground up.
- Use a weigh filler to fill bags of whole roasted beans, as well as stamping and marking them for quality assurance
- Foil finished chocolate bars with efficiency and attention to detail
- Organize and maintain Product Maker area
- Learn new processes for making new products as they are rolled out
- Proactively look for other tasks as necessary to help our daily operations run as smoothly as possible
- Identify ways to improve operating procedures
- Other tasks as necessary
- Available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 9am-5pm for about 3 months.
- Quick learner. Ready to jump into a task as soon as you are taught it, asks for feedback at key points.
- Positive attitude. People want to work with and around you, and you like to see your team succeed.
- Keen attention to detail. You adhere to quality standards even when it's not convenient.
- Very willing to help! Always goes the extra step to make sure that things get done.
- Ability to focus on one project for a work day, even when repetitive.
- Excellent time management skills. You use your time efficiently, and proactively look for other tasks when you have unexpected downtime.
- Ask questions and comply with company policies and service procedures. We work with heavy machinery each day and our team members depend upon each other to maintain strict safety standards.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring standing for long amounts of time, and walking throughout shift
- Ability to work under pressure, in a team or individually.
How to Apply
Please respond to this posting with a copy of your resume in .pdf or .doc format -- to stand out from the crowd, please include a few sentences about your favorite food experience in your cover letter. Keep in mind that we value passion, attitude, and hard work, so tell us what inspires you to want to join our team!