is a Zürich-based startup founded by ex-Google and SpaceX engineers who want to completely revolutionize urban air travel within the next decade. We combine computer vision, deep learning, and robotics to develop full “level-5” autonomy for aircraft, in particular, the electric VTOLs that you may have seen in the media
. You can watch an interview with our founder, Luuk van Dijk, here
. You might also be interested in watching an explanatory video
of vision-based autonomy that we are working on - demonstrated in flight test with Volocopter
and showing the near-term concept of what the functions will look like.
Daedalean’s final product is autonomy for passenger eVTOLs. Emerging technologies developed on the way to it are by themselves valuable novel solutions for the existing and future aviation. Defining product packages and balancing between long- and short-term technical readiness, certifiability and cost is a challenge waiting for its owner(s) at Daedalean. We expect you to enjoy working with ambiguity and possessing an exceptional product insight and vision, as well as being obsessed with our soaring customers.
- Keep track of the market and identify gaps that we can address. As products mature, refine target markets and customer segments. Use your own intuition and conduct research to gain a deep understanding of customers’ stated and unstated needs.
- Keep track of business risks and maintain risk mitigation plans, strategies and tactics.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap that can be easily translated into development.
- Create buy-in for the product vision internally (engineering, integration, etc) and with key partners. Negotiate requirements with technical engineering as product roadmaps unroll.
- Continuously assess the existing product to systematically introduce improvements to existing capabilities.
- Closely cooperate with the Engineering, choosing the most effective technical route to fast and compliant delivery. Define flight test strategies for validation and certification.
- Own several products and capabilities through concept, requirements, development, deployment, implementation and certification.
- Together with Technical Project Management maintain product development, production and operations schedule. Own pricing and marketing strategies and plans.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc in a technical field.
- Strong product instincts, excellent communication skills and technical fluency as proven by experience with at least one product plan delivery
- Preferred experiences:
- 5+ years as a Product Manager with engineered product, e.g. integrated hardware and software solutions ideally for safety-critical applications
- CPL(H) and/or aerospace industry
- Working with regulators and with certification requirements
- Hands-on software development
- Defining the scope of product strategy and roadmap
- Hands-on experience with requirements gathering and validation, functional specifications, test cases and test reports
- Proven track of successful delivery to the market according to defined.
- Experience working with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Passion needed to face what might very well be the biggest challenge in your career.
- Your references should vouch for you as for a strong collaborator and leader with executive-quality management skills
- Combine the best of both worlds; a) work in a fast-growing startup and b) collaborate with and learn from very experienced engineers and scientists that have previously worked at Google, SpaceX, Apple, NVIDIA, CERN, and Rolls Royce.
- Build a product that has the potential to make a global impact on a rarely seen scale.
- Join our pilots to test your ideas in the air during test flights in the Swiss Alps.
- Work in a team not afraid of taking risk and excited about facing really difficult problems.
How to Apply:
Send your Resume/CV, including your portfolio of products/projects to email@example.com
. Tell us a bit about yourself, why you think you are a good fit for us and why we are a good fit for you.