We are currently working with an outstanding, well-established urology practice in the San Diego area who is seeking an LVN to join their growing team in Encinitas. This is a full-time position that offers a wonderful Monday – Friday schedule. There may be times that you be asked to go to the La Jolla office as well depending on patient schedules. This is a busy and fast paced office, so the LVN must thrive in this setting to be successful. In this role, the LVN will prepare between 25 and 100 patients a week for the Physician team to treat.
We are looking for a well-spoken individual who has excellent attention to detail. You must be dependable, bring a positive attitude and have some humor! To be successful in this role, you must be detailed in the chart prep as the patients tend to have a longer history of illness. Additionally, this helps the physician, so they can step into the room knowing their entire history, this helps them spend more quality time with the patient.
Candidates with experience in oncology or urology would be a plus! We are also seeking an LVN who is bilingual in Spanish. These are not requirements but would be great.
Benefits of Joining Our Team:
- $21/hr to $25/hr (negotiable based on experience)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation time
- Holiday pay
- 401K plan
- Flex Spending account
- Monday – Friday 8 to 5 schedule
- Work with a fantastic team!
Would primarily be doing Biofeedback’s, UDS, Possible PTNS, Bladder Instillations, Nurse visits such as catheter removal, catheter insertions, catheter changes, Post Void Residual Bladder Scan/Ultrasound, Injections, and at times assist providers with procedures. However, the following are also part of the job description
- Prepares patient for examination
- Measures and records patient’s height, weight, blood pressure, pulse rate, respiration, and temperature
- Assists the clinical staff in completing examination and procedures as instructed
- Follows universal precautions to protect self and patients
- Provides assistance to physicians with exams and minor surgeries
- Calls-in medications to pharmacy and administers medication as ordered by physician
- Obtains specimens and records in log; reviews and documents laboratory results; refers abnormal laboratory results to provider; schedules follow up visits.
- Gives instructions to patients as instructed by physician
- Ensures all related reports, labs and information is filed and is available in patient’s medical record prior to patient’s appointment
- Completes patient flow sheet for lab test values prior to visit
- Triages and processes messages from patients and front office staff to physicians
- Maintains all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.)
- High school diploma
- Medical Assistant diploma from an accredited vocational institution or community college
- One year of recent experience in a medical facility as a Medical Assistant or completed externship in a medical office
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required
- Experience in Oncology or Urology a plus but not required
To learn more about this great opportunity please submit your resume for consideration.