Cyndx is hiring an experienced and talented Senior Data Engineer! The Senior Data Engineer will construct a scalable, stable, and performant data infrastructure to support our multiple SaaS products and data science team. The Senior Data Engineer will collaborate with a team of engineers and product managers to identify and build data layer components and best-practice frameworks for data ingestion, cleansing, normalization, manipulation, and expunction.
- Develop software to ingest and store large datasets from varied sources
- Build ETL processes to translate data from native format to usable, application-ready data
- Collaborate across teams to gather data requirements for our applications
- Employ state-of-the-art frameworks and technologies to deliver reliable and maintainable data services
- Assist in real-time support of production services
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily standup, demos, and retrospectives
- PostgreSQL, Neo4j, Redis
- Apache SPARK
- AWS - VPC, EC2, S3, Glue, Redshift, Kinesis, RDS, Athena
- 3+ years experience building and maintaining large scale data systems
- Expert-level knowledge of Python and SQL programming languages
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Proficiency in Named Entity Resolution
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering; master's degree preferred
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive health care plans (medical, dental and vision)
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Complimentary lunch, snacks and drinks
- Brand new MacBook Pro when you start
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment
Cyndx enables financial transactions through software. We don't simply connect companies with capital, we foster relationships between businesses and investors based on data-driven metrics and algorithms that predict success. We are a low-maintenance, high-performance team. Independence and autonomy is the norm. Our headquarters is located in New York City, where our team of engineers, designers and product managers collaborate to build the future of fundraising.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.