Overview: Our Malware Engineer will analyze code for maliciously capability and determine impact of code to enterprise assets. The Engineer will be responsible for providing written reports on the nature and capabilities of the code and may be required to provide expert witness testimony and/or analysis findings in a court of law. The Engineer will be responsible for performing forensic analysis of IT systems to determine impact of inadvertent or purposeful activities affecting the security of systems.
Clearance Requirements: An Active Top Secret w/SCI eligibility is required. Candidates who do not meet this clearance requirement will not be considered for the position.
- Have expert level knowledge of the following security related technologies: IPS, IDS, SIEM, firewalls, DNS, encryption, HIDS, NIDS, proxies, network packet analyzers, malware analysis, forensic tools, and enterprise level appliances
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of various open source and commercial analysis tools used for reverse engineering
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze complex malicious Windows programs in a reasonable time frame
- Demonstrate expert technical ability in reverse engineering custom protocols used by malware
- Demonstrate intermediate proficiency with one of the following programming languages: Python, C, C++, Ruby
- Design and develops new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer's enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
- Ensure system security needs established and maintained for operations development, security requirements definition, security risk assessment, systems analysis, systems design, security test and evaluation, certification and accreditation, systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning, incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning and provides analytical support for security policy development and analysis.
- Integrate new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, provides architectural analysis of cyber security features and relates existing system to future needs and trends, embeds advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provides engineering recommendations, and resolves integration and testing issues.
- Bachelors of Science or equivalent
- 10+ years experience
- Certified Ethical Hacker Certification
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification