Overview: We are currently seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to advise and guide projects and programs through the accreditation and maintenance milestones, to include aligning and implementing appropriate Risk Management Framework IC, DoD, and DIA policies and procedures.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI clearance with CI Polygraph. Candidates who do not meet this clearance requirement will NOT be considered. Candidates who currently possess TS/SCI and are in need of a polygraph will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of Information Assurance (IA) concepts, practices and procedures using established IC and Agency policies and standards to minimize and/or mitigate security risks
- Reviews and comments on technical documentation to ensure compliance with security standards and regulations.
- Recommends security monitoring solutions as required to meet IA requirements.
- Guides projects and programs through successful assessment and authorization of systems components for Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Focuses on threats, vulnerabilities and the security of programs and systems.
- Provides special consideration to intrusion detection, finding and fixing unprotected vulnerabilities, and ensuring that remote access points are secure.
- Coordinates closely with internal and external stakeholders to support, monitor, test and troubleshoot software and hardware IA problems related to security.
- Identifies, develops and implements security standards, procedures and solutions appropriate to RMF environments
- Coordinates with DIA stakeholders to assure compliance with security reporting requirements.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to help identify user audit records to be captured and reported using designated processes.
- 5 years' experience with RMF/IA Cyber Security.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent training and experience.
- CISSP, CompTIA Security+, or other relevant certifications.