CyberCube delivers the most comprehensive cyber insurance analytics platform for the insurance industry.
We are solely focused on solving the hardest cyber risk challenges with world-class analytics. Our team is composed of multi-disciplinary experts across data science, cyber security, software engineering, modeling and commercial insurance. CyberCube offers products for cyber risk aggregation modeling and insurance underwriting. CyberCube leverages the threat intelligence from the world’s leading cyber security company, Symantec, along with several other data sources.
CyberCube is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are backed by Symantec Ventures and Trident Capital Cybersecurity (TCC) – the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to cybersecurity early stage investing.
We are looking for an experienced hands-on architect to make intuitive high-level decisions for software development. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team. You will be responsible for the technical direction of projects, software structure, frameworks, and algorithms. You will be empowered to drive innovation by coming up with new and exciting ideas to creatively solve issues, as well as proactively look for opportunities to improve the design, interface, and architecture of products on the cloud. As a leader in the development organization you will help determine coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements.
- Partner with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate program requirements into technical solutions and system designs
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, scalability, extensibility etc.
- Build and improve software architecture based on the requirements and design elements
- Analyze and improve stability, scalability, and the performance of products
- Owner of overall architectural vision and strategy
- Implement POCs and pair with technical leads on implementations
- Maintain an organization-wide view of current and future business and application architecture to provide scalable and high performance solutions
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- Deep insight into Cloud - IAAS and PAAS (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- 6-8+ years’ experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems (with at least 3-4 years on cloud services)
- Solid understanding of security/access control, scalability and high availability
- Prior experience with database technologies (MongoDB, MYSQL, ES, SOLR, Cassandra)
- Prior experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Experience with large-scale, big data methods and data-driven architectures
- Strong, decisive self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years software architecture implementing modern cloud microservices architectures
- 3+ years of > Continuous Integration > Continuous Delivery > Release on Demand
- Hands-on and have demonstrated experience in building multi-tenant SaaS solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive understanding of AWS and the building blocks within that platform
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives
Ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Understanding of various data storage (in-memory, NoSQL, columnar, etc.) and common data frameworks
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker
- Familiarity with enterprise compliance and auditing processes
- Experience presenting to customers and/or at industry forums
- Knowledge of advanced analytical tools, languages, or libraries
- Good understanding of secure cloud design (across Infrastructure, Platform, Application and Data).
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest industries in the world
- Competitive salary, 401K, unlimited PTO, and meaningful early stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and Ugly Juice for your enjoyment
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hour, and discounted gym passes
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.