Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits Package
Ready to shape tomorrow?
Moving money around the digital economy shouldn’t be hard. It should be fast and dynamic, providing the platform for entrepreneurial success on a global scale. At Currencycloud we have created the world’s most trusted global payments platform that can be easily integrated into the next generation of business payment companies.
Our team is productive and intuitive. This is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
Our Compliance department is looking for a talented Compliance Analyst to join the team in Cardiff to oversee all aspects of regulatory and legal compliance applicable to the company.
This will include but is not limited to:
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Economic / financial sanctions
- Payment Services / E-money Directive
The role of the Compliance Analyst will be to ensure that an appropriate and comprehensive compliance framework has been both developed and implemented in these and other areas. This role will act as our specialist compliance adviser to the business.
- Conduct sanction/PEP screening and investigate potential hits.
- Support data-protection compliance.
- Complete Compliance administration (record training, keeping client records up-to-date) as required.
- Analyse payment and compliance data to identify trends and patterns.
- Review effectiveness of current monitoring rules and settings and provide feedback on ways to optimise.
- Continuously review current processes and suggest improvements to the process as well as systems used.
- Work cross-departmental to proactively identify and resolve operational compliance queries.
- Undertake assigned Compliance project work.
- Identification and reporting of suspicious activity to relevant global financial intelligence units.
- Proactively escalate urgent cases to the MLRO/DMLRO for further review.
- Keep up-to-date with current and future regulatory changes that affect the business and use this knowledge to proactively suggest improvements to compliance policies and procedures.
What Skills & Experience do I need?
- Understanding of sanctions, their purpose and the process to investigate and report sanctions.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a methodical manner.
- Ability to work independently on projects as required and communicate results effectively throughout the company.
- Good knowledge of excel, SQL and data visualisation tools is a bonus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent team working skills, ability to manage own workload and tenacious attention to detail (be a completer finisher).
- High level of attention to detail.
- Have an interest in having a career in Compliance within the payments, financial services, technology or FX industry.
- Be articulate, numerate, organised, hardworking and able to build excellent relationships.
We offer a comprehensive range of employee benefits, have a no dress code policy, a day off for your birthday and socials every Friday. So, if you are ready to join a thriving global business based in our soon to be launched office at Cardiff's Tramshed Tech, get in touch!