Ready to shape tomorrow?
Our industry leading Payments API is currently processing billions of dollars every year, but we want to do more... come and join the team to help us make this happen!
We’re looking for an experienced, motivated and talented Engineer to help us build the technology that will power the future of payments.
About the role...
The QA Automation Engineer role is an ambassador of quality. You should strive to ensure that we are maintaining a high level of quality across all our processes. You will consider and suggest improvements within the development process. You will also be responsible for the estimation, planning and execution of test cases, both automated and manual and you will ensure any defects in quality are logged appropriately and see them through to completion.
You’ll be joining one of our agile Product squads, and will play a key role in ensuring the team delivers simple, scalable solutions for a wide range of problems. We are always looking for ways to improve our process, and your experience and curiosity will help us do that.
As a member of the team you will contribute to the architecture and technical choices we make. Our aim is to create a state-of-the-art technical environment. Can you help us get there?
What Skills & Experience do I need?
You should be able to demonstrate:
- A complete understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD, ATDD and TDD
- Flexibility in working around logistic and technical blockers
- The ability to work closely with non-technical and technical stakeholders in order to determine accurate acceptance criteria
We need someone with excellent:
- Attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication
- Critical thinking, interpretive and analytic abilities
- Team working and workload management skills
- Soft skills e.g the ability to communicate improvements and challenges effectively, being able to say no when necessary, and a strong willingness to improve
You should have experience with:
- Diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues utilising ticketing systems and documentation software - e.g. JIRA and Confluence
- Manual testing
- Automated testing, ideally Cucumber/RSpec using Ruby, or Java based tools
- API testing
- AWS deployments and deployment tools - e.g. Jenkins
- Release testing
- Testing, agile or AWS qualification e.g. ISTQB or AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- UI testing
- Performance testing using JMeter or Gatling
If this sounds like you and you’re looking to join a company that offers training, health, dental, and vision cover as well as a competitive pension, income protection & life assurance scheme, 25 days annual leave each year plus a day off for your birthday then get in touch!