The primary responsibilities of this position include becoming a complete expert in our product and being able to rapidly determine where and what problems exist in engineering releases before our customers see them.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Write test cases and group them into logical test suites
- Perform these test suites at various times mostly related to when features are checked into staging and when staging is frozen and ready to be promoted to production
- Submit bugs with clarity and reproducibility following a clear recipe template
- Maintain the bug DB (redmine). Own the QA database and keep it clean and useful
- Communicate with engineers to verify bugs and solutions
Ideal candidate will also have some experience with Redmine and/or bugzilla or similar tools, Github or Pivotal Tracker, and basic project management skills.
3-5 years experience as a functional tester is required.