Cumulus Networks | Social Media and Communications Specialist
Are you ready for an opportunity to make a substantial impact with a disruptive technology company? Cumulus Networks is a 2017 Glassdoor
'Best Places to Work' and this could be your chance to be a part of it. We’ve got a mission to disrupt and transform the networking industry, so if this sounds interesting to you, we definitely want to talk to you.
Our founding team is comprised of some of the industry’s most renowned technology innovators responsible for the some of the most significant advancements in networking. With funding from top Venture Capitalists such as Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital and Battery Ventures, we are bringing web-scale networking to the Enterprise.
Cumulus makes the first Linux operating system for networking hardware and fills a critical gap in realizing the true promise of the software-defined datacenter. We are not just defining the future of networking, we are actively creating it with our customers and partners.
We are looking for motivated individuals who thrive on great technology, individual initiative, and the ability to see the impact of their work on the business.
About the Position:
We are looking for a talented and creative communications professional to help us champion the Cumulus story across all internal and external communications. The marketing communication specialist will be responsible for reviewing and project managing all company communications including social media, blog posts, PR, customer case studies and website content. This person will ensure external and internal communications are on brand, on time and of high quality. A large part of this role will be content development, but you will also have the opportunity to develop and execute creative marketing strategies for social media, PR and customer relationships.
- Write and edit content for blog and website assets
- Manage social media accounts and social strategy
- Work with PR agency to develop creative campaigns and tactics, review press releases, and facilitate customer quotes and participation
- Facilitate case study development by working closely with customers, developing content and managing approvals
- Help develop & implement a stronger brand voice & brand guidelines
- Assist with website updates as needed by various team members, including SEO, blog posts, landing page creation, etc.
- Manage digital asset management system
- Work closely with all members of content development team including video, design, dev and content strategy to ensure all communications are aligned and on brand
- Degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing PR or related field
- 3-4 years of experience in marketing
- Experience with content management systems and social media a plus
- Experience in interviewing customers, partners and executives for content production or PR a plus.
- Must be an excellent writer. 1-2 years experience professionally writing content preferred.
- B2B experience preferred
- Indesign experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills required
About Our Benefits:
We’re a startup, built by people who have gone down this road before. We are action oriented doers and transparent thinkers with a healthy work-life balance; we even allow dogs in the office for smile support! We offer a competitive compensation package, pre-IPO equity, and comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families.
Additionally, we offer a quality of life benefit and leadership training for anyone interested. Because we like to have fun we of course have catered company parties, picnics and happy hours throughout the year. We have excessively fancy espresso machines in every location, catered lunches three times per week, and a bountifully stocked kitchen. All of our offices are an open space model that foster an exciting company culture and a pretty cool place for us to have fun and execute our craft.
A Little About Us:
Our founding team is comprised of some of the industry’s most renowned technology innovators responsible for the some of the most significant advancements in networking. With funding from top Venture Capitalists such as Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital and Battery Ventures, we can be the hero in networking.
Cumulus makes the first Linux operating system for networking hardware and fills a critical gap in realizing the true promise of the software-defined datacenter. We are not just defining the future of networking, we are actively creating it with our customers and partners. Beyond the basics, working here puts our employees at the center of some of the most interesting and exciting ideas in Silicon Valley. We are a very tech-driven company, and have earned a lot of industry recognition in a short period of time.
We are very proud of our ratings and reviews on Glassdoor and honored to be listed as one of 2017's 50 'Best Places to Work', we encourage you to take a peak!
We are a global company. Our corporate headquarters is in Mountain View, CA. We also have offices in Sydney Australia, and North Carolina (RDU).