Knocking down the technical barriers to the adoption of our products is the main responsibility of a Systems Engineer at Cumulus Networks. We are rapidly disrupting the networking industry and changing the way both the largest and smallest companies are designing, deploying, and managing their networks. We are looking for passionate, entrepreneurial, and technically savvy sales engineers to help our customers and partners evaluate, adopt and expand the use of Cumulus Networks' technology and services.
- Provide pre-sales technical support and technical expertise to our customers and partners
- Perform hands-on work with customers during product evaluations and post-sales
- Perform hands-on tests to validate customer proof-of-concept setups, network designs, and network deployments using new products and feature
- Integrate Cumulus Products into existing management, monitoring, and provisioning frameworks
- Create design guidelines and recommend improvements to customers for the networks they support
- Provide feedback to product management and engineering
- Keep up-to-date on competitive solutions, products, and services
- Author whitepapers, knowledge base articles, and other customer/partner facing content
- Expert knowledge in the following areas: Ethernet, Layer2 (RSTP/MSTP, VLAN/VXLANs etc.), Layer3 (IP Routing, OSPF, BGP, etc.), and networking management
- Expertise in at least one area of related technologies - virtualization, storage, Web 2.0 applications, etc
- Knowledge in architecting and/or managing large-scale data-center networking solutions
- Basic Linux experience. You don’t need to be a Linux admin
- Experience in automation and management at scale a huge plus (e.g. Ansible, Saltstack, Puppet)
- Knowledge of cloud networking ecosystem (Openstack, containers, NSX, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of competitive products, solutions, and services
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, telecommunications or related field
About Our Benefits:
We’re a startup, built by people who have gone down this road before. We are action oriented doers and transparent thinkers with a healthy work-life balance; we even allow dogs in the office for smile support! We offer a competitive compensation package, pre-IPO equity, and comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families. Additionally, we offer a quality of life benefit to everyone.
Because we like to have fun we of course have catered company parties, picnics and happy hours throughout the year. We have excessively fancy espresso machines in every location, catered lunches three times per week, and bountifully stocked kitchens. All of our offices are an open space model that foster an exciting company culture and a pretty cool place for us to have fun and execute our craft.
A Little About Us:
Our founding team is comprised of some of the industry’s most renowned technology innovators responsible for the some of the most significant advancements in networking. With funding from top Venture Capitalists such as Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital and Battery Ventures, we can be the hero in networking.
Cumulus makes the first Linux operating system for networking hardware and fills a critical gap in realizing the true promise of the software-defined datacenter. We are not just defining the future of networking, we are actively creating it with our customers and partners. Beyond the basics, working here puts our employees at the center of some of the most interesting and exciting ideas in Silicon Valley. We are a very tech-driven company, and have earned a lot of industry recognition in a short period of time.
We are very proud of our ratings and reviews on Glassdoor and honored to be listed as one of 2017's 50 'Best Places to Work', we encourage you to take a peek!
We are a global company. Our corporate headquarters is in Mountain View, CA. We also have offices in Sydney Australia, Bangalore, and North Carolina (RDU).