We are looking for a software engineer who wants to build the software platform that will transform biomanufacturing. You will collaborate with electrical, mechanical, biological, and chemical engineers to build our core technology. Your work will quickly impact cutting edge biotechnology companies by helping them get their products to market faster and more efficiently.
We have new and interesting software challenges. Our problems are more than scaling a web service: we model biological processes and operate mission-critical software within bioreactors that sometimes get wet.
You will work directly with our CTO and other members of our small, but growing, software team to design and build all aspects of our software; from the code running on our custom bioreactors, to the customer interface, to the simulation of biological processes.
What you’ll do:
- Help define our software engineering culture.
- Proactively solve the problems most important to the business.
- Write high quality software.
- Do code reviews.
- Learn about fermentation, biomanufacturing, and biotechnology.
In return, we will support you by:
- Placing a high degree of trust in your ideas and execution.
- Bringing you up to speed in the domain of fermentation.
- Providing a low-stress work environment.
- Making ourselves available for collaboration.
- Caring about you as a whole person, not a “resource”.
Projects on our horizon
- Writing a new API on which all future tools will be built.
- Developing new data visualization and analysis tools for our customers.
- Creating an internal operations platform to reduce the person-hours spent on each experiment.
- Writing the low level software to define and control automation processes in our facility.
- And much, much more.
- You have at least two years of experience in software development.
- You’re proactive and enjoy thinking about the big picture.
- You’re kind, curious and enjoy learning new things.
- You’re product focused. You think about the perspectives of end users even when it might not be expected of you.
- You care that you’re building something that solves a problem and helps end users.