Title: Sr. Project Manager
- Leads and manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or enterprise scale projects, new initiatives and other ongoing business deliverables in accordance with business needs. Identifies, evaluates and resolves issues that conflict with project deliverables.
- Collaborates closely with project team members, business owners and sponsors to develop and successfully implement projects/programs.
- Assesses project risks, develops mitigation and contingency plans. Oversees project to ensure projects have required resources, meets milestones and are successfully implemented. Leads and coordinates matrix and/or cross-functional team.
- Develops project plans and recommendations in support of Departmental/Company objectives and leads implementation; tracks and reports on the status of the project. Must ascertain, categorize and manage projects in relation to corporate priorities.
- Negotiates for resources to staff projects effectively with appropriate skill sets, aligning skills to the needs of the project.
- Delegates work as required and ensures a quality end product through close customer contact and assesses customer/client satisfaction through direct feedback/evaluation.
- Coordinates development and implementation of policies and procedures as well as development of compliance measurements.
- Controls and monitors project effectiveness; updates project plans as necessary. Ensures compliance with necessary audit requirements.
- Represents CLIENT in meetings with external parties including consultants, vendors, and others and may include service delivery management of vendors.
- Assists with analysis and development of business processes to ensure quality, cost effectiveness, timeliness of customer service, and regulatory requirements and mandates are met.
- Develops escalation process to channel issues and concerns to appropriate parties.
- Evaluates project risks, developing contingency plans and responding to change in risk as the project progresses.
- Develops effective business process improvement initiatives and communication plans.
- Performs analytic functions and coaches others in analytical production, technical and other areas.
- Proposes a variety of solutions to business issues/problems utilizing appropriate analysis tools (ie Cost/Benefit Analysis, Flowcharting, etc).
- Documents and presents project management results through the development of criteria, issue analysis papers and reports; ensures that projects established objectives such as financial goals, where applicable and creates an evaluation plan to assess project performance in relation to stated goals.
- Develops and tracks budgets, operating plans and financial cost forecasts to support the objectives of the project.
- Provides indirect reports, if applicable, with well-defined expectations, ongoing feedback, coaching/ mentoring and/or training.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of project/program management experience.
- If no degree, 7 years of project/program management experience.
- Experience must include large, complex, enterprise-wide and/or multiple project oversight.
- Healthcare/insurance experience is preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain project documentation to specifically address project scope, deliverables, project plans, cost tracking, resource usage, issue tracking and status reports for multiple and/or large, complex projects.
- Excellent influencing and consultative skills; and the ability to proactively identify and resolve issues and opportunities.
- Resource allocation skills are essential.
- Ability to determine the information necessary to strategically assess the technical landscape as well as the ability to evaluate and determine optimal plans of action is essential; the skills necessary to present to and educate stakeholders is essential.
- Strong statistical, analytical, and problem solving skills necessary.
- Proven ability in leadership, coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrated proficiency with Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Project management software experience is essential.
- Project Management Professional Certification strongly preferred.