Title: Power BI Developer
The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for designing and developing business intelligence enterprise reporting. They identify and compile data sets using a variety of tools (SQL, Access) to help predict, improve, and measure the success of key business outcomes. Dashboards and reports will be used by executives to drive business decisions.
- Act as MS Power BI SME.
- Participate in the development of a framework for how data, reports, and dashboards are designed and maintained
- Develop dashboards and reports.
- Design prototypes and lead prototype working sessions with business leaders
- Assist in testing, data quality, training and documentation efforts
- Actively engage in business stakeholder requirements gathering sessions to understand, interpret and translate requirements into an effective technical solutions
- Ensure the right information is identified at the right time and at the appropriate level for reporting purposes
- Validate that MS Power BI can meet requirements
- Educate business stakeholders on intelligence reporting capabilities
- Effectively communicate and interact with business and technical stakeholders to solve complex data related business and technical problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a similar technical discipline is preferred
- 3+ years in MS Power BI modelling, data storytelling and knowledge of how people make decisions with data
- Must have five years programming experience with SSIS, DAX and SQL
- Must have advanced level SQL programming and data visualization skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including Power Query, Power Pivot, connections to external data sources, pivot tables, charts and slicers
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Assertive individual who seeks the correct solution to meet business requirements, with a mind toward security and best user experience
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work with diverse teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment