Job Title: Account Executive
The Account Executive is responsible for identifying potential new opportunities, following through on leads, and developing a strategic selling plan that provides the actions steps to close sales of both furniture and services from the dealership. This position will act as the main point of contact between COMPANY and specific customers, creating and fostering client relationships. This position is responsible for sales volume, margin percent and business goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes initial contact with new prospects via cold calls, face-to-face meetings and field visits to prospects, potential and existing customers at routine intervals to capitalize on new opportunities.
- Qualifies leads into potential customers; does thorough need analysis to understand client’s requirements for furniture products and services.
- Provides timely reports on sales forecasts and new leads as required.
- Develops strategic presentations of dealership’s products and services and presents to customers – in person, through written/graphic documentation and electronic means.
- Formulates detailed, accurate and professional looking quotes through own effort or in conjunction with dealership personnel (designers, sales coordinators, project managers, etc.) and presents these to customers in a timely manner.
- Provides responsible close of sale by obtaining signed orders, client purchase orders and deposits as required.
- Develops and maintains a strong knowledge base of dealership’s product lines – product features, application, technical capabilities, specification, discount structure, etc.
- Works closely with Director of Business Development to develop an approach of pursuing and closing business.
- Responsible for setting the sale up so that it can be efficiently managed and administered by the dealership, and the dealership operations and business personnel.
- Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of specifications when entering orders themselves, and reviews specifications for obvious errors when done by others.
- Stays involved throughout sale implementation to ensure that any bottlenecks or changes in scope are identified and resolved, and that both customer and dealership are satisfied.
- Responds in a timely manner to customer inquiries, requests for information and/or quotations, problem resolution, etc.
- Provides frequent and regular follow-up contact with customer regarding after sales services and information, including customer satisfaction.
- Conducts a professional, cooperative interface with the customer, the customer’s employees, and the customer’s third party consultants/subcontractors.
- Ensures the customer gets frequent and regular reports on order status, project progress and overall customer activity status. Stays involved throughout implementations to ensure that any changes in the score are identified and resolved and that both customer and dealership are satisfied.
- Assists accounting department with collection of any outstanding client debt.
- Meets monthly, quarterly and yearly sales, margin and new business goals as set by the dealership and Director of Business Development.
- Participates in special sales programs sponsored by the dealership or in conjunction with the dealership’s designated furniture manufacturers.
- Completes Sales Plan at the beginning of each year to be reviewed and modified on a quarterly basis.
- Functions as customer advocate for internal order fulfillment performance and service products.
- Works closely with aligned manufacturer representatives.
- Performs all tasks and duties in an efficient and safe manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as necessary. Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organization needs.
- Represents COMPANY in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in marketing or related field required
- Customer relationship training programs preferred
- Knowledge of office environment issues
- Two(2) to three(3) years’ experience in sales and/or marketing, preferably in the contract furniture industry
- Strong oral and written communication abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Must be able to think strategically through the sales process
- Ability to learn proprietary computer systems and applications
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products
- Strong customer service skills